Thursday, January 1, 2015

A rare and exciting opportunity!

Did my blog name give it away? The title? Are you confused? Read on for some exciting things coming up in 2015! 

December 15,2014

Tomorrow is the day. The day this journey officially, technically begins. In my heart it started months ago. Well sort of. And it also started years ago. Let me explain a little. For several years, in my head, to Russell, and a few close friends, I have played with the idea of being a surrogate. Struggling with infertility myself for a total of 4.5 years, I've always had a compassion toward women who struggle in the same way. Though I have four children now, getting pregnant wasn't always an easy task to achieve. My hearts desire was to have four children. There was a time in my life when I was faced with the reality that that desire may not be fulfilled.  Many tears were shed by the thought that my dreams and desire for a big family would not come true. I believe going through that journey gave me a great sense of compassion for women who struggle with infertility. Over the years I have mentioned the desire of becoming a surrogate. Russell was never too keen on the idea and honestly, I never would have sought out becoming one. I never would have joined an agency or anything like that. 

But then. Not so coincidentally, in my opinion, an opportunity presented itself to me. I truly, wholeheartedly, believe this has been a God process. An plan He has His hand in. An opportunity that could change the lives of a lovely family forever. 💜

Rewind to September. September 19, 2014 to be exact. I had sent a friend a text and she mentioned that she had planned on calling me the same day because she wanted to talk to me. So she did. Her intent to call me was that she wanted to let me know about some mutual friends who were interested in finding a gestational carrier. They have two daughters of their own but just cannot seem to be able to carry a baby to term again on their own. They would love to find a surrogate by word of mouth and weren't necessarily interested in using an agency. So she was just hoping to get the word out in case I knew of anyone who might be interested. As my friend is describing all of this to me, my head in spinning, my wheels are turning and this feeling of excitement and joy at the possibilities were overwhelming. This friend and I have actually had conversations in the past about me wanting to do this. She remembered those conversations but wasn't sure how serious I was. I told her that if Russell were on board with the idea, I would do it in a heartbeat.  I have fairly easy pregnancies and quick labor and deliveries.  We chatted awhile longer then decided we would chat more later. 

Russell, of course, was up at the academy so I knew I wouldn't be able to get a response from him. So I just sent him a text saying something like, "remember our conversations about me being a surrogate, think about that."  That whole afternoon I just kept praying that God would lead Russell to lead me. That, if this was what He wanted me to do, then Russell would be on board with the idea. And if God didn't want me to pursue this opportunity, then R would have major reservations and I would drop the idea. There's no way I would have pressed the issue if he wasn't on board with it. 

Russell called me that evening on his way home. We talked on the phone that evening and to my delighted surprise he was supportive and excited to pursue this opportunity as well. 

So since September until now, we have had several conversations with each other, family and a few close friends, my doctor, the fertility doctor and with our friends (the intended parents).    Everything is falling into place and confirming our decision to move forward with this process. January is our goal for the transfer to take place. From very early on in this process I just keep imagining getting to see the parents hold their sweet baby that they have dreamed of for so long. It brings me to tears of joy when I think about how beautifully this could all turn out.

December 22, 2014

It's been a week since I started that post up there^^ so the appointment that was "tomorrow" was to do a trial transfer and hysterscopy. Both procedures went great  everything looked beautiful for a hospitable environment for the transfer to take place in January like we had planned. 

December 29, 2014

And now it's been another week. I've been doing injections for 2.5 weeks now. Lupron daily and estrodial twice a week. I have to admit I was nervous as to how I would feel on these. Would I be crazy? An emotional wreck? Irritable? Grumpy?  I was a little nervous. I'm happy to report the side effects have been mild. A couple of headaches. A little more tired than normal. And some random tears shed (like while watching high school musical the other night, haha!). Other than that I haven't noticed anything major. 

We have told the kids and they are excited for this process. The older three understand that this won't be our baby. They know this will be our friends baby that I will carry for them. I will be carrying for them. Not my eggs. Not my baby. Their baby. Im just going to be the nine month baby hotel. 😊 I'm not so sure our youngest quite gets what is going to happen and for now that's ok. L wanted to know if I had to eat the baby to get it in my tummy. So funny! 

January 1, 2015

I had an appointment on Monday  and everything showed that the injections are working and we are right on track for our scheduled transfer date. 

I've been on the fence trying to decide if I would blog this publicly or just for our records and if I would share the blog before we actually transfer or wait to see if it works. But I've come to the conclusion that I will post and share now. Because how awesome it would be to have lots of people praying for us through this process. So I'm going to post. Soon. I think I've covered most everything. 

Stay tuned for updates! Positive thoughts and prayers appreciated!  💜

13 comments:

  1. Praying for you, and for them! This is such a blessing and you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, friend. You have the sweetest heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They couldn't have asked for a better person to hep them, you have such a big sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOU! You and Russell are amazing people. I'm so proud to call you my friend! I will be diligently praying for all involved! I'm so excited to watch this journey progress!!! So much love to you, Tiesha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to bless this other family! I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! What a blessing to others and for your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super excited for you girly! Very proud to call you a friend. Can't wait to see your progress. I am hoping to be on the surrogant bandwagon soon too! I can't wait it's always been a dream of mine to do this as well and like you I'm happy with the amount of kids I have and can't wait to bring baby joy to another family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always knew you were amazing but this is fantastic!! Our love and prayers are with you and the parentparents! Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing heart you have! I will be praying for everyone involved. Debbie Hibbert

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome Tiesha!! You are a blessing and I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete